- The MF supports the Protection, Promotion, Development and Management of Indigenous Knowledge Bill.
- This bill the Protection, Promotion, Development and Management of Indigenous Knowledge gives structure and process to vital cultural and traditional knowledge.
- What role will various departments play in implementing this bill and the line item in budgets must be monitored by various committees.
- Furthermore, how do we use the structures to capture and protect this indigenous knowledge, is something relevant departments have to present plans to the portfolio committees.
- Finally how to archive and patent such knowledge to obtain a return on such cultural investment must be reported
HON.S. Thakur- Rajbansi
Debated by: Hon. Shameen Thakur-Rajbansi
Minority Front Leader (KZN Legislature)
Date: Thursday 2 August 2018
Time: 15:20 to 15:50