- Hon. Speaker, the Minority Front welcomes the amended Marine Spatial Planning Bill [B 9D-2017]
- Hon, Members a bill of this nature requires planning experts who will facilitate responsible use of the ocean. The portfolio committee must ensure that in house expertise is developed.
- The ocean presents many economic opportunities therefore educating our citizens on marine spatial planning will further enhance ocean preservation.
- It is also vital that all departmental role players involved in carrying out this programme promotes good ocean governance and are funded.
- Hon. Speaker the Marine spatial planning framework must be published in the Gazette and co-ordinated planning of ocean space must be monitored. At some time the portfolio committee must review the enhanced role of Kwa Zulu Natal one of the three coastal provinces.
- The Minority Front further supports that the marine area plans must be reviewed every 5 years, in accordance with section (6) to balance economic to environmental impact.
- With these words the MF supports the Marine Spatial Planning Bill.
- Thank you
HON.S. Thakur- Rajbansi
Debated by: Hon. Shameen Thakur-Rajbansi
Minority Front Leader (KZN Legislature)
Date: Tuesday 13 November 2018
Time: 08:40 to 08:45
Word Count: 0 Words