Speaker, our dedicated legislature staff, I take this budget opportunity to thank you all for your efficiency in responding to member’s needs.
- Speaker, I appreciate that PR representation means proportioning down the line but to strengthen democracy, minority parties should have more time to make meaningful input into debates. It is very critical to listen to alternate views to enrich our democracy.
- I welcome the increase of political funding. We can really do much more for changing the political landscape.
- The areas that needs a lot of attention is the ailing infrastructure of this legislature, the leaking roofs, aging carpets, a repaint and more effective lighting.
- Finally, HON. Speaker, I really appreciate all the member education empowerment initiatives, such as, the University studies and recently them London training on gender equality.
- HON. Speaker, this learning really makes being a member of this HON. House enjoyable because Legislature has become a learning institution.
The Minority Front supports the budget of this Legislature.
Debated by: Hon. Shameen Thakur-Rajbansi
Minority Front Leader (KZN Legislature)
Date: Wed 16 May 2018