- Hon.Speaker, the three departments, economic development; education and health are any radical economic transformation planner’s nightmare, hence continuous situational budget analysis through cash-flow monitoring; is pivotal to reduce unauthorised expenditure.
- In many instances departmental capacity is weak in specialised areas, yet there is under-spending on COE and M and E units.
- Treasury needs to intervene in reviewing COE policy and contract management due to outsourcing specialised areas.
- The OTP needs to move faster in giving permission for appropriate human resources in the light of weak IT systems investments.
- With this understanding and the fact that it’s time to employ business and public advanced strategists to do the planning for all departments; the Minority Front supports this Unauthorised Expenditure Authorisation Bill.
- Thank you.
HON. S. Thakur- Rajbansi
Debated by: Hon. Shameen Thakur-Rajbansi
Minority Front Leader (KZN Legislature)
Date: Tue 26 Nov 2019
Time: 09:00 to 17:30
Word Count: 128 Words