- MEC, there is a huge debasement of values in our country currently. This is a shame to the legacy of Madiba, because it’s wasting a great opportunity to progress economically.
- The Minority Front applauds your war on taxi violence, as you have real guts to stick to strong values of peace.
- It’s time to get rid of taxi cartels. The government, with the taxi recapitalization programme is a key driver for change and control in this brutal industry.
- In the upcoming 2019 elections these cartels will become more greedy and blood thirsty.
- Let our intervention, open the public transport system to other new entrants and forms of transport. Our condolences to the families of those who died but let’s learn and protect the vulnerable commuters.
- This needs simultaneously the process of values management and the MF calls for a safe open and efficient transport system. We also call for an alternative pink public transport system for women to be safe.
- The MF recommends conflict management HON.MEC using a variety of value circle method to change behaviour and attitude through knowledge.
- Thank you
Debated by: Hon. Shameen Thakur-Rajbansi
Minority Front Leader (KZN Legislature)
Date: Thursday 26 July 2018
Time: 15:50 to 16:20