HON. Speaker and Members,
- I acknowledge Hon. ZM Mncwango’s motion on land expropriation and freedom. We would need to clarify in this Hon. House as to whether Black South Africans do refer to Indians, Coloureds and African’s in the first statement of the motion.
- The ANC has proposed that land would be leased back to the people from the state which leads to state land Nationalisation, is this true?
- The Minority Front would prefer evidence in this Hon. House of the number of who have received title-deeds in the Western Cape and in the Gauteng Provinces, under D.A control from the time they took control from the ANC.
- The Minority Front agrees with the last three points of this motion, which are a long term plan, but we need some short term plans too because land ownership is crucial to unlocking our human development.
- The bigger social problems of high crime, water and electricity bills, as well as, farm murders will be positively impacted if all citizens become land owners.
HON. S. Thakur- Rajbansi
Debated by: Hon. Shameen Thakur-Rajbansi
Minority Front Leader (KZN Legislature)
Date: Thursday 2 August 2018
Time: 14:10 to 15:10