“All the Way”
- Hon. Speaker, the Minority Front welcomes this year’s 2018 Africa Day Theme
“The Year of Nelson Mandela: Building a Better Africa and a Better World”. The African Union theme “Winning the fight against Corruption. A Sustainable Path to Africa’s Transformation.
- HON. Members, the AU Assembly has declared 11th July as the African Anti-corruption Day. To attain all 17 Sustainable Development goals by 2030 and have a corruption free country, South African’s have to be vigilant and report corruption without fear. For this we need a government policy or a system that is transparent.
- When looking back at our former leaders like, President Nelson Mandela, he was a pure example off honour, stature and he has evoked freedom and unity for every South African. Madiba was one of the few leaders capable of inspiring confidence both inside and outside our country.
- Corruption, HON Members, continues to hinder efforts aimed at promoting democratic governance, socio-economic transformation, peace and security. It creates inequality in our societies and erodes the rule of law.,
- Therefore, as international efforts are being made to enhance security not only on the African continent but also internationally, there is need to tackle corruption decisively. If corruption is not combated decisively and it is allowed to thrive, all efforts aimed at peace and security will be in
- With this, The Minority Front congratulates the HON.MEC of Safety and Security Mr Bheki Cele on the apprehension of those involved in the cash in transit heists.
Debated by: Hon. Shameen Thakur-Rajbansi
Minority Front Leader (KZN Legislature)
Date: Thursday 24 May 2018
Time: 14:30 to 15:30